Sport, Outdoor Learning, Life Skills, Adventure and Risk Management. SOLAR offers resources, consultancy, training and experiences. We aim to develop children and young people through challenge, teamwork, personal attainment and social interaction using our engaging activities.
The SOLAR Service provides a unique range of character development and enrichment services all in one place.
Through offering experiences that extend learning in and beyond the classroom to new contexts and challenges we can help young people to
- grow in confidence
- learn to work together
- make healthy lifestyle choices
- manage risk
- develop important social and life skills
Summary of our services
- Sport: School Sport Nottingham, School Swimming, National Ice Centre Programmes, Sheriff's Challenge Active Mile
- Outdoor Learning: Educational Visits Advisory Service (EVOLVE), Guidance, Training and Support
- Life Skills: Relationships, Sex and Health Education Consultancy, Emotional Health and Wellbeing Consultancy
- Adventure: Colwick Park Adventure Centre, The Arches Adventure Base, The Transformer Mobile Climbing Wall, In School Adventure, Residential Opportunities
- Risk Management: School’s Health and Safety, Why Nott? Transport
|Please visit our site for further information.|
For all things Healthy Schools please visit our PSHE page.
Support is available from SOLAR to assist in the development of their passport programme and/ or in providing character development opportunities.