Latest articles from December editions of SCENE!
1. Nottingham School Benefits from pioneering school extension - For the full press release please click here
2. TeachFirst Working together Our new programme (Primary)
TeachFirst Working together Our new programme (Secondary)
3. 6th Annual East Midlands Primary Languages Conference - The event aims to inspire delegates to work together on Primary Languages. Delegates will be able to choose from a series of workshops focussing on practical activities which provide lots of ideas for the classroom. For the full event details please click here
4. Merry Christmas! From DEFRA, The Woodland Trust, The Sherwood Forest Trust and Greenwood Community Forest Partnership would like to offer you a Christmas present of FREE trees or hedges for your school.
The tree and hedge packs are ideal for schools that care about their environment and their pupils. Trees are great for the environment, for our well-being, our happiness and are an important part of our culture. The saplings will help to improve your grounds and encourage more wildlife to your local area.
The Sherwood Forest Trust and Greenwood Community Forest (GCF) are working in partnership with The Woodland Trust to encourage and assist primary schools to plant more trees across Nottinghamshire through a national project funded by DEFRA.
Your school can apply for a FREE Woodland Trust pack of saplings to plant in your school grounds and they will be delivered for planting during March or November 2017 to give them the best chance of survival. The packs include trees, advice sheet, event and educational materials.
The Sherwood Forest Trust is also able to provide extra support to target primary schools in Bassetlaw and Nottingham City. We would love to come and meet you and discuss the idea. As part of this we will look at your grounds and spaces, assess the viability of any possible planting or look at how your school could partner with a nearby park or nature reserve in the future. You’ll even get a short report on our meeting that you can keep and use in future years. (GCF is providing similar support to target schools in the districts of Ashfield, Mansfield, Broxtowe, Gedling, Newark & Sherwood).
Contact Sam at The Sherwood Forest Trust to be part of the project.
Call The Sherwood Forest Trust on 01623 821 490 or email email@example.com
Royal Sherwood Forest once covered an area equal to a third the size of Greater London (that’s vast!) but so much has been destroyed.
Join us on our mission to reverse the trend a little bit and put some trees back!
5. Early Years Single Funding Formula consultation document can be found by clicking here
6. Bluecoat School handover press release can be found by clicking here