Advanced Designated Safeguarding Leads (ADSL) are experienced DSLs who can offer peer support to individuals and schools.
The Advanced Designated Safeguarding Lead role includes:
- Supporting newly appointed DSLs during induction.
- Offering advice and guidance on policy and procedure.
- Supporting a cluster of school DSLs.
- Supporting the function of the DSL Network including planning, delivery and feedback.
- Acting as a forum for communication and consultation in particular between schools and the NCSCB but also with other partnership bodies.
- Cascading training and learning.
- Developing and sharing evidence based good practice.
- Supporting schools to undertake audit activity.
This role is a supportive role and will not include anything which undermines clear leadership and governance of organisations.
If you would like support from an ADSL download the referral form and return to:
The ADSL Leaflet has further information and a list of current ADSLs.
Information on DSL Networks.