The School Workforce Census (SWFC) is a data collection focused on collating a comprehensive set of information for all Teachers and Support Staff
This year the Census takes place on Thursday 3rd November 2016 and if you buying into the Data Checking Service we will need submissions to be made by Friday 11th November 2016.
The changes this year include:
- A new sickness code for pregnancy related illness
- Vacancy information required for all teachers (instead of just QTS teachers)
Please note that this data return informs central government departmental policy on pay and the monitoring of the effectiveness and diversity of the workforce therefore the data returned will need to be complete and accurate and signed off by the Headteacher.
The nature of the data collection means that it will improve the accuracy of data analysis for schools, local authorities and the DfE.
The School Workforce Census replaced five previous returns: 618G, Secondary School Curriculum and Staffing Survey (SSCSS), Survey of Teachers' Pay (OME), Survey of Teacher Resignations and Recruitment (NEOST) and the workforce sections of the ASC/ SLASC/ PLASC returns.
Before submitting the Census in COLLECT please ensure that the return has been signed off by your Headteacher.
- For more information see the DfE guidance for submitting data
- If you have a query about the data to be collected, please email it to email@example.com or call 0115 87 65199
- If you are a SIMS.net user school, for software specific issues and training requests please contact Schools IT SchoolsIT@nottinghamcity.gov.uk or call 0115 91 50900.
We will do our best to answer your questions, but sometimes we will have to contact the DfE for an answer or clarification on their guidance.